This page will provide the latest official news from Ipecac Recordings. Please be sure to read through these articles before contacting Ipecac Recordings with a question that may be answered here.
* do you have TZOMBORGHA by the Ruins yet? any fan of Fantômas should own this CD!
* Wow! after one weekend a third of the tickets are gone already for the Ipecac music fest! Get them while you can! Tickets go on sale to the general public on Sunday. Mike Patton is trying to cook up something for the 31st and we will be announcing a guest DJ for the night too. Time to party!
* Tomahawk is almost done with their new record. Looks like an April release, sounds very nice!!!! Preproduction on new Fantômas and Peeping Tom has begun. Fantômas looking like a summer release, Peeping Tom early 2004.
* The Autumn Wind Is A......
* the new Ministry CD is called Animositytisomina and it rules!!! Out in Feb on Sanctuary Records.
* the new Mondo Generator CD is almost done, look for it in May? we are also close to confirming that we will be the home of the next Desert Sessions from Josh Homme and working on a special QOTSA treat for diehards!
* Vice City is hard as hell!
* get the Cabin Boy DVD at CD Now for only $9.99
* by the way to purchase CDs in our discography we are now linked to Amazon who seem to be giving a better price on Ipecac CDs. just a click or two away..... grab that damn Ruins CD!!!!
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE NEW YEARS!!!!!!
Celebrate the end of 2002 and the beginning of 2003 with Ipecac Recordings in San Francisco for 2 nights at the Great American Music Hall!!!!
Here is the 2 night Ipecac fest lineup:
Monday Dec 30th
Maldoror (Patton & Merzbow = first and only US appearance!)
Captured by Robots (see machines play music!)
tickets $20 in advance/ $25 day of show
Tuesday Dec 31st
Melvins (special guest Jello Biafra)
Mondo Generator (featuring Nick from Queens of the Stone Age , debuting material from forthcoming Ipecac release)
Pink Anvil (featuring Paul Barker from Ministry, debuting material from forthcoming Ipecac release)
tickets $40 in advance / $45 day of show
*** special deal, buy tickets for both shows at same time for $50 !!!!! ***
Now that is what we call a cool tour!!! Check the tour section for North American dates for the upcoming Skeleton Key / Sleepytime Gorilla Museum tour!!!
OAKLAND RAIDERS 34 - donkeys 10
The new Manorexia CD, titled The Radiolarian Ooze, is at long last available for secure online purchase from the Foetus website - go to http://www.foetus.org - and follow the Shop link.
Manorexia is a side-project of one JG Thirlwell, also known for his works as Foetus, Steroid Maximus, DJ Otefsu and Baby Zizanie of late.
Sometimes darkly disorienting, sometimes rhythmic and occasionally almost treading on Steroid Maximus territory..... check it out!!!!!
*A couple tidbits. DO NOT hold on to your Halloween tickets! Get them fully refunded by ticketmaster. We are planning a Ipecac extravaganza for spring 2003 but will not honor the old tickets because we don't want the Roxy to get ANY of this money. As soon as we get details of a makeup date we will let you know.
*We are wrestling with scheduling issues for lining up the bands for New Years but should have it resolved SOON! Stay tuned. We have Dec 30 & 31 on hold at the Great American Music Hall in SF.
*If you are not happy that we are censoring the message board to get rid of idiotic posts our best suggestion would be.....LEAVE! We love the support we get from our diehard fans but trust us when we say we don't need support from morons. (by the way Andy is not doing the censoring)
* A quick peek at 2003? Young Gods; Kaada; Melvins; Queens of the Stone Age; Pink Anvil; Melvins; Tomahawk; Kid 606; Melvins; Yoshimi & Yuka Honda; Fantômas; Patton vs. the X-ecutioners; Curse of the Golden Vampire and more!!!!!
RIP Jam Master Jay
Vice City & the NBA ........... whew! We needed it!
Vent your frustration!!!! Who is going to be in New York on Halloween? We were thinking of organising a protest outside the Roxy at 7:30 pm on Thursday. Anyone interested in participating?
We just wanted to update everyone. We have not been able to secure an adequate replacement venue on such short notice. We looked for the day before and day after Halloween. We found a couple smaller venues, but for obvious reasons we can't punish people that get there late. We found a couple venues that don't normally do musical events but ran into outrageous insurance and security problems. We have been offered some great venues in other cities around the US but obviously we can't ask people to travel to other cities on such short notice. It seems that some of you don't beleive that we tried to make this work. If you only knew! NYC is not an easy place to put on a show, trust us.
Many have asked about the original venue switch from Irving to the Roxy. This was a no brainer. We received hundreds of disappointed e-mails after the Irving show sold out so fast. The promoter informed us that the Roxy was available and could accomodate another 800 people. As a way to do a favor to more of our supporters we agreed to do this, even though the bands preferred the smaller room. Little did we know.
We DID contract with the Roxy. Later another act also contracted with a different booker at the Roxy for the same night. They chose the other act because it is not part of the CMJ festival, thus the club stands to make more $ off that show. We offered to share the night with the other act. Needless to say we are fighting the Roxy with tooth and nail over this breach of contract. It does you the fan no good to hear this, but crap like this should not and will not happen without recourse.
This a HUGE inconvenience to you, the bands and us. We are angered beyond belief. We know that many of you lost a lot of money so did we. We have been advised that mosts hotels will allow you to cancel and most airlines will let you use your ticket another time. Ticketmaster is refundfing tickets although we have not gotten a straight answer about surcharges.
We are looking into organising a protest at the Roxy to help bring attention to this injustice. The whole incident sickens us, but will not stop us. We are looking into ways to make it up to our fans although none of the ideas seem to help everyone involved. We WILL stage a HUGE NYC party at some time in the future, that is for sure.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!