This page will provide the latest official news from Ipecac Recordings. Please be sure to read through these articles before contacting Ipecac Recordings with a question that may be answered here.
It's over! All 2200 tickets are sold out for the NYC Halloween extravaganza. Working on the New Years show in SF now.
1) It's September! You should already own the new Phantomsmasher(James Plotkin) and Dälek cds! This month grab the long awaited new Isis CD and the return of the Moist Boyz !!!
Our release schedule for 2002 will end with the legendary Ruins in October. What a year! Don't forget you can order these CDs in our DISCOGRAPHY section or support cool record stores around the world. Thank them for carrying Ipecac products!
2) Lot's happening on the road in the US. Toolahawk winds down. Tomahawk will NOT be doing the next leg of the TOOL tour. Gotta record the new disc! THANK YOU to our good friends, TOOL. The tour was a huge success! We sold a lot of CDs to those "terrible" TOOL fans. Check the CALENDAR section for tour dates for Skeleton Key, Moist Boyz, Phantomsmasher,Steroid Maximus (an amazing UCLA exclusive!) and dates by Isis and Dälek including a lot with both bands on the same bill!
3) go to ARCHIVES/SNEAK PREVIEWS for a sample of Isis and the Moist Boyz.
4) a few tickets for the Halloween extravaganza left. start planning your costume! we are starting to pull ideas together for New Years Eve at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco.
5) Will be adding some embroidered items to the STORE ...... someday.
6) Very sorry to everyone that missed Tomahawk in Hamilton,ON. Seems, some knucklehead printed the wrong time on the ticket. Send THEM your complaints.
7) It's football and soccer season around the world. Are you ready? The NBA is coming. Go A's!
8) Anyone else disappointed by Mario Sunshine? Fear not, the new Grand Theft Auto comes out in October!
9) 2003 is going to be an over the top year for Ipecac. Wait til you see what we are cooking up.
10) Happy Bithday Andy Couch !
ATTENTION Chicagoland Tomahawk fans. Turns out the Toolahawk show scheduled in Normal IL for Aug 27 has been cancelled. Instead join Tomahawk at the Empty Bottle in Chicago for a special show at 11pm !!!!! The band will go on after the Ken Vandermark 5.
Get the full intimate Thawk set!!!!! The Chicago Toolahawk show on the 29th will go on as scheduled.
It's August! Back to school time. Time to rush out and get the new Dälek and Phantomsmasher CDs!!!!
Look for Dälek tour dates in the calendar section.
Coming soon, new Isis and Moist Boyz!
Oh and it is not necessary to send us e-mails apologizing to Tomahawk for TOOL crowds. The band is going over better than expected and enjoys the jeering as much as the cheering. The band is not going to hold it against your city. They are big boys.
Celebrate the new ISIS cd "OCEANIC" on September 5th at the Middle East in Cambridge Mass. !!!!!!!!!
For the politically inclined.........
In 2000, Jello Biafra was one of four contenders for the Green Party candidacy for president.
Right now, a local but influential green party group, tcgreens, is running an informal
poll of possible 2004 presidential contenders on their website:
vote for Jello to lead the Greens!!!
MORE TOMAHAWK!!!! Check the calendar section. Tomahawk has added 2 headline shows! August 2 in Orlando Florida at the Social and August 13th at the Irving Plaza in NYC.
The NYC show will include VERY special guests Skeleton Key (playing songs from their new Ipecac release)and Dillinger Escape Plan!!!!!
Hey LA! Don't forget the Tomahawk Amoeba Records in store July 10th at 6pm!!!!
The final 500 Halloween tickets are available at this link!
Tickets are STILL available for Halloween. There is a problem with the link but it will be corrected soon!
The remaining tickets for the Halloween show at the ROXY in NYC go on sale Friday June 28th at 12 noon (EST) !!!!! Here is the link!
We will have refund news soon for those 16 & 17 year olds that bought tickets thinking it was all ages.
For people that already purchased tickets your old tickets WILL be honored at the ROXY.
Get them now while they last before they are on Ebay.
Tomahawk, MelvinsFantômas Big Band, Isis, dälek, Skeleton Key and DJ Jim Thirwell........ all for $30!!!!!!!!!