This page will provide the latest official news from Ipecac Recordings. Please be sure to read through these articles before contacting Ipecac Recordings with a question that may be answered here.
Terrorizer Magazine #1 album of 2002 is.......... "OCEANIC" by Isis
as voted on by the mags writers.... very smart writers!
Voice your displeasure with everything! The official Ipecac Recordings "Fuck Off" foam fingers are now available at the webstore at a dirt cheap price!!!!!
* do you have TZOMBORGHA by the Ruins yet? any fan of Fantômas should own this CD!
* Wow! after one weekend a third of the tickets are gone already for the Ipecac music fest! Get them while you can! Tickets go on sale to the general public on Sunday. Mike Patton is trying to cook up something for the 31st and we will be announcing a guest DJ for the night too. Time to party!
* Tomahawk is almost done with their new record. Looks like an April release, sounds very nice!!!! Preproduction on new Fantômas and Peeping Tom has begun. Fantômas looking like a summer release, Peeping Tom early 2004.
* The Autumn Wind Is A......
* the new Ministry CD is called Animositytisomina and it rules!!! Out in Feb on Sanctuary Records.
* the new Mondo Generator CD is almost done, look for it in May? we are also close to confirming that we will be the home of the next Desert Sessions from Josh Homme and working on a special QOTSA treat for diehards!
* Vice City is hard as hell!
* get the Cabin Boy DVD at CD Now for only $9.99
* by the way to purchase CDs in our discography we are now linked to Amazon who seem to be giving a better price on Ipecac CDs. just a click or two away..... grab that damn Ruins CD!!!!
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE NEW YEARS!!!!!!
Celebrate the end of 2002 and the beginning of 2003 with Ipecac Recordings in San Francisco for 2 nights at the Great American Music Hall!!!!
Here is the 2 night Ipecac fest lineup:
Monday Dec 30th
Maldoror (Patton & Merzbow = first and only US appearance!)
Captured by Robots (see machines play music!)
tickets $20 in advance/ $25 day of show
Tuesday Dec 31st
Melvins (special guest Jello Biafra)
Mondo Generator (featuring Nick from Queens of the Stone Age , debuting material from forthcoming Ipecac release)
Pink Anvil (featuring Paul Barker from Ministry, debuting material from forthcoming Ipecac release)
tickets $40 in advance / $45 day of show
*** special deal, buy tickets for both shows at same time for $50 !!!!! ***
Now that is what we call a cool tour!!! Check the tour section for North American dates for the upcoming Skeleton Key / Sleepytime Gorilla Museum tour!!!
OAKLAND RAIDERS 34 - donkeys 10
The new Manorexia CD, titled The Radiolarian Ooze, is at long last available for secure online purchase from the Foetus website - go to http://www.foetus.org - and follow the Shop link.
Manorexia is a side-project of one JG Thirlwell, also known for his works as Foetus, Steroid Maximus, DJ Otefsu and Baby Zizanie of late.
Sometimes darkly disorienting, sometimes rhythmic and occasionally almost treading on Steroid Maximus territory..... check it out!!!!!
*A couple tidbits. DO NOT hold on to your Halloween tickets! Get them fully refunded by ticketmaster. We are planning a Ipecac extravaganza for spring 2003 but will not honor the old tickets because we don't want the Roxy to get ANY of this money. As soon as we get details of a makeup date we will let you know.
*We are wrestling with scheduling issues for lining up the bands for New Years but should have it resolved SOON! Stay tuned. We have Dec 30 & 31 on hold at the Great American Music Hall in SF.
*If you are not happy that we are censoring the message board to get rid of idiotic posts our best suggestion would be.....LEAVE! We love the support we get from our diehard fans but trust us when we say we don't need support from morons. (by the way Andy is not doing the censoring)
* A quick peek at 2003? Young Gods; Kaada; Melvins; Queens of the Stone Age; Pink Anvil; Melvins; Tomahawk; Kid 606; Melvins; Yoshimi & Yuka Honda; Fantômas; Patton vs. the X-ecutioners; Curse of the Golden Vampire and more!!!!!
RIP Jam Master Jay
Vice City & the NBA ........... whew! We needed it!